WeBe++ is an iPhone/iPad/iPod application that emulates a Bluetooth HID mouse & keyboard. It provides all the functions of a real Bluetooth mouse and keyboard in your pocket! Use it with your PS3 / Mac / PC!
New in 1.1
- PS3 buttons added
- AppleTV support (navigation)
- Control iPad with iPhone and vice versa (BTstack Mouse and Keyboard)
- Use PS3 arrowkeys for PC and Mac
WeBe++ runs on all mobile iOS devices. To use WeBe++ as a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, you need a jailbroken* device. On such a device, it can be purchased and installed from the Cydia package manager application.
*To jailbreak your iOS device, please follow the instructions described here:
Start up WeBe++ and press the "Start WeBe++" button. Now WeBe++ activates the open-source Bluetooth Stack (btstack.org) and you can activate the device discovery on your Mac/PC/PS3 to pair with your iOS device.
After the successful pairing, the complete screen of your iOS device serves as a trackpad. On the trackpad, you will see two icons: the keyboard icon and an icon to disconnect. Press the keyboard icon to show and hide the on-screen keyboard. The trackpad supports single and double taps, while two finger swipes are sent as vertical and horizontal panning gestures. A double finger tap serves as right mouse click. See the Help section in the main view for more details.
- Windows & Mac OS X & PS3 (or any Bluetooth capable device)
- WiFi, Bluetooth, USB
- Touchpad (full screen, portrait & landscape mode)
- Keyboard (portrait & landscape mode)
- Move mouse pointer
- Left click, right click, double-click, horizonal / vertical scrolling
- Choose a background image or color as mousepad - especially on Retina Display!
- Adjust mouse speed
- Use WeBe++ in Bluetooth HID mode (recommended) or with the WeBe Server (WiFi (adhoc or router), Apple Bluetooth tethering, or USB)
- Supports multiple-screen configuration of host computer Keyboard supports eleven keyboard layouts: Dvorak, US English, French, German, Swiss German, Swiss French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Korean, Japanese, and Swedish
WeBe++ is a joint-venture of Gabriel Höhener (Weblooks), creator of the original WeBe, and Matthias Ringwald, creator of BTstack.
10/12/2010: The app, WeBe++, looks fantastic!
11/12/2010: Awesome app! I just purchased and I love it. Keep up the good work.
11/12/2010: It's great. Such an awesome idea I have been waiting for ages for a clever person to create such an app.
14/12/2010: Very impressed with this app, well worth $5. Makes web browsing on the PS3 *almost* fun, and is very handy for chatting on Gran Turismo!
16/12/2010: I would like to thank you for your tips. Such a good support you usually do not have so often.